Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

The HPS Doesn't Like HP Science

So if you read my last post, you read my email to the HPS Web Editor.  He replied.  I'm not going to post his full response, but I will post one sentence in full context:

"You will note that HPS declares only a limited endorsement of LNT."

WOW!  LNT is the central theory of radiation health effects at low dose and the Health Physics Society only declares a limited endorsement of it!


That's like a geology society only declaring limited endorsement of plate tectonics or a biology society only declaring limited endorsement of evolution.

This is my last year of membership!

What's particularly deceitful about this is the HPS's Code of Ethics.  One requirement states:

"Professional statements made by members shall have sound scientific basis."

But how can this be, with only a limited endorsement of the science?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment