Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Galen Winsor - My First HP Denier

I very vaguely recall watching a video featuring Galen about 30 years ago in the Navy.  I hadn't heard the name since until today.  He couldn't understand health physics and used to get into trouble with his employers for not following the rules.  Here he is from 1985 showing his ignorance (this wasn't the video I recall seeing long ago).  He was the first health physics denier (of the pro-nuke variety) I remember coming across:




One company he worked for was GE.  Galen would probably be proud of GE V.P. Eric Loewen, who seems to be following in his footsteps today.

But here's Galen today, I'm not sure what he died of.

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for long term studies of radiation on lab animals, mice, rats, monkeys would be closer to us I suppose. DO you know of any such case studies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell if you mean an ongoing study or completed studies. I don't know of any ongoing ones (I'm sure they're being performed, I just don't keep track). There are plenty of old studies, just use an Internet search engine or go to a digital library like http://www.hathitrust.org/.

    ReplyDelete